segunda-feira, 30 de junho de 2008

Vale a pena ouvir




Gostei muito do que ouvi

Este é Kano e Damon Albarn no Later with Jools Holland.

Kano by Wikipedia: Kane Brett Robinson (born 21 May 1985 in East Ham, Newham, London), better known as Kano, is a British rapper. His grandparents came to the United Kingdom as immigrants from Jamaica. He was a key member in East London’s N.A.S.T.Y. Crew (Natural Artistic Sounds Touching You), but due to a major argument within the Crew has since left N.A.S.T.Y. As of now Kano is no longer signed to 679 Recordings having recently parted ways with the label.

Damon Albarn by Wikipedia: (b. March 23, 1968 in Leytonstone, London), is an English singer-songwriter who gained fame as the lead singer and keyboard player of rock band Blur. Though Blur has not disbanded, of late Albarn has been more active as the main man behind the music of Gorillaz and The Good, the Bad & the Queen project. Over his 19 year career he has released 35 Top 40 Hit Singles in the UK.


Feel Free

It could be a Cartier or a Rolex,
Presidential right to a Bvlgari
High-tech guests you can tick by the heart-beat,
And you can probably take a pretty chick from a party,
But guess what,
Time don't wait for no man,
Upside down 'til no sand,
It won't slow down,
It's goin, goin 'til it's gone,
It feels right but you notice when it's gone,
So why can't we all get along,
It's peace whenever I turn the mic. on,
It's beef whenever I turn to violence,
It's deep in the east,
I'm deep in the beats,
Cos' I wanna sleep on the beach,
And see my nephew see 23,
Am I easily pleased?
Erm, I just wanna clean up my community,
And, throw a party for the whole street,
Hardly aksking for a whole leap,
It's deeper than music, it's a movement,
Now sing along to it!


But sometimes you have fight, struggle, grind, hustle,
When you get no peace and too much trouble,
No Range Rover with rims on,
Put your headphones on and sing along,

If you just get by by the pence,
And ain't got no money for the rent,
When your self-motivation's gone,
Put your headphones on and sing along,

(So the story's told in London Town from the East and the West we come,
And we'll all feel better tomorrow when the Lord God does)

Look time's of the essence,
Rhyming's a weapon,
Metal detectors and lines at the entrance,
See I made the news when my gig got pulled,
Same show next year, no violence at all,
But no more at Brixton academies,
But I'd like to see them shut down McD's,
Cos' they shoot' em!,
Nah, made ya look,
You're the slave to the page of the checkbook,
Did lose a few g's to the police,
Just to put a show on for the fans to see,
So, if you're listening, I'll spit the lyricking,
NWA-style and start killin' em,
Nah, I just wanna make them see,
Spit my verses say my piece,
Get off my back it'll make my sleep,
A hell of a lot easier this week,
Cos' time at the present,
Life is a lesson,
I'm still learning, trying for perfection,
But still givin' you fire on the record,
The vinyl's like Ryu's fireballs,
Yes, I've got the road,
The world's my oyster I want the globe,
It's D-D-DAMON you already know,
And K-K-A-N to the O,
If Mum she's hardly at home,
You and your bro share the same clothes,
Work ain't done cos' your babysitting,
Feel free sing along to the riddim,

If you grew up without no Dad,
And everything you want, you can't have,
Lost loved ones and you really miss'em,
Feel free sing along to the riddim

Feel free sing along to the riddim

por Rutu Modan